Everyone’s always trying to reign in the budget with the rising costs of everyday living going up, so we’re always on the look out for great products that are easy on the hip pocket and ALDI’s award winning Spirits are just the thing.
ALDI Australia is delighted to announce that its exclusive Highland Black 8 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky has been awarded a prestigious Double Gold medal at this month’s 2017 Melbourne International Spirits Competition. The $34.99, 700ml bottle of whisky offers a rich blend of the finest grain and malt whiskies from Scotland at an affordable price. ALDI is honoured to share this award with Dewar’s The Vintage 18 Year Old Scotch Whisky, which retails for almost three times the price*. Highland Black is available in licensed ALDI stores across New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory.
ALDI’s Highland Black 8 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky has previously won a number of high profile awards including the prestigious best-in-class Master award at both the 2014 and the 2016 Scotch Whisky Masters** as well as a silver medal at the 2017 International Spirit Challenge.
A number of ALDI’s other high quality, great value liquor brands were also put to the test at the 2017 Melbourne International Spirits Competition and received awards including:
- Bluegrass Kentucky Straight Bourbon 700mL, $29.99. Awarded a Gold Medal and named Bourbon of the Year
- Tamova Vodka 700ml, $26.99. Awarded a Gold Medal
- O’Donnells Irish Liqueur 700ml, $12.89. Awarded a Gold Medal
- Darley’s Gin 700ml, $27.99. Awarded a Silver Medal
- Highland Earl Blended Scotch Whisky 700ml, $27.99. Awarded a Bronze Medal and is undoubtedly the best value Scotch in Australia.
It has also been announced that these spirits in ALDI’s exclusive liquor range have won a Silver Medal award at the highly regarded 2017 International Wine and Spirits Competition:
- Bluegrass Kentucky Straight Bourbon 700mL, $29.99
- Baroque Brandy 700ml, $26.99
- Darley’s Gin 700ml, $27.99
- Tamova Vodka 700mL, $26.99
ALDI is proud of its unique and exclusive brands that have been developed in Australia. All products have been rigorously tested to ensure they are as good as, or better than, the brand equivalent.
While we have the lowest prices in Australia, that doesn’t mean we scrimp on quality. We have more than 500 award-winning products in store every day and have won more customer satisfaction awards than any other supermarket***
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme