There’s a new luxe property on the NSW South Coast. Soul of Gerringong is a bespoke guesthouse that has been loving restored from one of the town’s original charming coastal farmhouses, dating back to the late 1800s.
A major project that has been the talking point of town, the restoration project by BAM Constructions & Interior Design Company, has given a fresh breath to one of Gerringong’s most beautiful historical buildings.
Soul of Gerringong is located in the heart of the village, yet it feels like a private oasis miles away, due in part to the lush tropical-inspired gardens and design approach with multiple outdoor living spaces. The property is walking distance to beaches, cafés and restaurants, with award-winning restaurants, wineries and cooking schools also highlight options nearby.
Offering a variety of accommodation options, the property consists of three options – The Soul Farmhouse, The Cabana and The Barn sleeping up to 16 guests in total.
The heart of the property is The Soul Farmhouse, the original white weatherboard cottage – it features oak timber floors, cathedral high ceilings, skylights that flood the living spaces with natural light, and furnished with a mix of curios and bespoke interiors. The focal point is the original stone fireplace connecting the dining and living spaces, and a cosy communal point to gather in the cooler months.
The Soul style has been carefully curated by owner and interior designer, Simone Mathews. It is a design collaboration with a number of lifestyle brands including Ahoy Trader, Art and Framing Co., Bisque, Blacklist Studio, Byron Bay Hanging Chairs, Cultiver, Design Twins, Globe West, Harper + Wilde, HK Living, La Maison, LM Home, Sea Tribe, St Barts, The Beach People, The Dharma Door, The Resident, Uniqwa, Urban Couture.
- The Soul Farmhouse(4 private guest rooms, sleeps 8) – each with their own private access, king beds (queen in one room), ensuite bathroom, TV with Netflix, air-conditioning, mini-bar fridge, tea and coffee facilities.
- The Barn (sleeps 2-4) – walk down the private gravel driveway and you will find the Soul Barn. From the moment you step inside you will instantly feel relaxed with the chilled-out style. The Barn has its own living space, full size TV, kitchenette, TV and air-conditioning. Open the doors to the bedroom and you will find a four-poster bed with a private ensuite bathroom. The sofa converts to a bed, for that extra sleeping space.
- The Cabana (sleeps 4) – located next to the swimming pool, this is the perfect place for two couples, or four friends to stay. There’s two bedrooms each with a king bed, or configured as two single beds per room. The Cabana has its own private deck to relax or step inside to the sitting area to chill out. There’s a kitchenette, private ensuite per room, TV and air-conditioning.
Other facilities include:
- Soul’s friendly concierge – to meet guests on arrival, and on hand to answer any queries, provide recommendations, and book in local experiences
- Heated outdoor swimming pooland lounging area
- Original stone fireplaces – both indoor and outdoor
- Multiple outdoor garden, terrace and decking spaces – ideal for taking time out to relax and rejuvenate
- For outdoor entertaining, there’s a built-in barbecue, outdoor rangehood with sink and drinks fridge. Plus, outdoor dining for 16 people, with further outdoor lounges
- Business Centre
- Outdoor shower
- Surfboard storage
- Off-street parking for 6+ cars, plus further street parking in front of property
To book Soul of Gerringong:
Bookings can be made direct online at www.soulofgerringong.com.au, or by calling 0406 820 761.
The property is also available on Stayz.com.au and Airbnb:
- Stayz.com.au – www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/nsw/south-coast/gerringong/220092
- Airbnb – www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/19914136
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme