Growing a beard is fun, however with the average male sprouting 25,000 facial hairs every 24 hours and adding half a millimetre of beard length daily, it is important to understand how-to-care for your facial hair.
Philips Shaving & Grooming Ambassador and Australian Men’s Hairdresser and Educator of the Year, Jules Tonini’s was kind enough to share his top tips on getting the sharpest shave.
Top Five Tips On Getting the Sharpest Shave
1. Men’s grooming trends have cleaned up a lot this season, it’s all about a sharp hair cut or tidy mane with well-maintained stubble or a beard. To get this look, get rid of your razor and invest in a good beard trimmer and a quality set of hair clippers. Having the right tools to hand will instantly make maintaining a beard easier.
2. You don’t want to look too rigid if you’re rocking a beard. Loads of people make the mistake of trimming their hair into a square shape, this doesn’t work on anyone. Try to keep to your natural look, just make it tidier.
3. Before starting to shape your beard, make sure you comb through the hair to identify your natural shape.
4. Using your beard trimmer, trim down from the cheekbone to the jaw (follow the way the hair grows) to create a chiseled look. Make sure you’re doing this in front of a mirror, no one wants a wonky face.
5. Once you’ve trimmed the hair ‘feed’ your beard with a hydrating balm to keep your hair and face healthy. If you’re rocking a long and luscious mo., a trick of the trade is to rub in a little styling clay to create hold and repel water.
For more info click below
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme