We chatted to Sam from The Critical Slide Society and got the lowdown on the Must Haves for the Winter season, and how TCSS got to collab with Volley and how it went.
1. What are your 4 must haves for gents this season?
Our Wanderer Jacket (3 jackets in 1. A puffer, a puffer lined parca and an oversized parca)
Our Sled City French Military Jacket in Indigo with heavily embroidered back panel
Our Custom Volleys, embossed off-white suede high tops with a gum sole and copper detailing
Our Corbin knit, a multi stripe and twisted yarn crewneck
In terms of not just our brand..
A good pair of leather sneakers, just picked up a pair of Common Projects in White.
A cropped biker jacket, either denim or suede.
A nice worn pair of light denim.
A fleece hoodie. Good to layer up with your biker jacket and epic for post surf coffee run
2. Who would be the ultimate name or names to be seen wearing tcss?
Anyone who loves to surf and enjoys the ocean (and Ryan Gosling and Dane Reynolds now that he’s got no apparel sponsor)
3. How did the Volley collab come about?
We met at a trade show in the US, Agenda. We liked the idea of reinventing an Australian icon. Volley pretty much gave us no restrictions and the result was awesome. We love the hightop silhouette and taking Volley into a premium space with the use of suede.
4. What does your perfect weekend look like?
Head down the South Coast on a Friday afternoon with my wife and 2 year old boy, Ziggy. Wake up early to find a 2-3 foot clean swell. Surf for a couple of hours, coffee at Finbox and then hang out with the family.
A bbq lunch at a friends, a couple of good beers and pop into the Scarborough Pub for an early dinner. Then do it all again on Sunday. Head back to Sydney on Sunday evening all Sun drenched, salty and exhausted.
5. Any fashion advie for the Rogue Homme gent?
Take a lil extra time in the morning to get ready. The details count.
6. Cool things coming up on the tcss calendar?
Wow, too much.
– We launch The Friendly Pirate short film at Greenroom Festival in Japan prior to touring it around Australia May – June
– Wheels and Waves festival in Biarritz, France. We are running the Log Invitational, featuring a number of local and international surfers – Start of June
– Designing Winter/Northern Summer – Now!
– Bespoke Custom Boardshorts at Ron Herman, West Hollywood – June
– Agenda Tradeshow, Long Beach end of June
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme